Anybody who knows me knows that I love to fish, so you can understand why I’m so excited about this week’s case study!
We’ve done a few sites for fishing captains and really enjoy helping guys who are passionate about what they do improve their digital marketing.
In this case, Captain Louis Rossingnol of Venice Guide Service was looking to accomplish a few things with a website overhaul:
- Improve the look and feel of his site to get it on par or better than other local competitors
- Showcase his photo gallery
- Allow clients to view his calendar for available dates, make a trip deposit via PayPal and book online
- Make the website friendly for mobile users
- Improve his local search visibility so he can get new clients from the internet
Here is the “Before & After” for the design:
In order to accomplish the goals of the project, WSI implemented the following solutions:
- Custom professional website design accenting the colors of the logo and their boat
- Installing a gallery for photos
- Adding widgets for address/directions and local weather
- Writing original content for the site including subpages about the types of fishing trips they offer
- Implementing a mobile responsive theme to allow the site to morph according to what type of device is viewing the site (desktop, tablet or phone)
- Adding a Google calendar for available dates, and integrating with PayPal for deposits and booking
- Claiming profiles at important local directories like Google, Yahoo and others to improve search rankings
The client is really pleased with how the site came out, and we’re excited to see how it impacts their business long term.
Oh, and if you want to catch some redfish or trout, give them a call!